1. 12-6-14

    AHHH the finished article! Done! Finito! I’m so pleased with the result. It’s exactly what I wanted it to be like. Plus, for some reason I ended up with blue fishing wire, and it added another colourful element to the stuff going on inside the frame. I was right to choose to have it in the window; the strong natural light just outside it from the skylights really accentuates the colour in a flattering way.

     
  2. 12-6-14

    All painted up and ready to go to be stuck in. I really love the top one here. It reminds me of a sunset!

     
  3. 12-6-14

    Set two printed and dusted. There is also a large one from set one as I stupidly glued it on the wrong way yesterday and obviously it was never going to come off in one piece, so I had to do it again.

     
  4. 11-5-14

    Set one in place and finished!

     
  5. 11-6-14

    Eyelets all in place ready for the fishing wire

     
  6. 11-6-14

    Set one of the prints all dusted and painted ready to be put in the frame

     
  7. 6-6-14

    I’m quite pleased with the results of the stone effect spray paint! I must admit, I wasn’t expecting much from it, but this is a nice surprise. The alabaster type colour reminds me of the Bath stone used to make Truro Cathedral, which is a bit of a plus too.

     
  8. 6-6-14

    A quick coat of emulsion on the frame to act as a primer ready for the stone effect spray paint

     
  9. 5-5-14

    3D corner designs

     
  10. 5-5-14

    Mapping out where I will suspend the prints within the frame

     
  11. 5-5-14

    Design four: Practising with each powder coating and deciding on colour placement. Again, I used midnight blue ink here. I had to scrap this design as it only really meant one colour could be painting in due to the design of it. Plus in yellow it just looks like a hazard symbol!

     
  12. 5-5-14

    Design three: Practising with each powder coating and deciding on colour placement. This time I used midnight blue ink rather than white, and this strange set of colours is the result. I do quite like it -¬†especially the one I ended up painting - but it’s not what I want for my final piece. I shall have to source more white ink.

     
  13. 5-5-14

    Design two: Practising with each powder coating and deciding on colour placement

     
  14. 5-6-14

    Design one: Practising with each powder coating and deciding on colour placement

     
  15. 29-5-14

    Background experiments. I wanted just tissue¬†paper to allow for transparency, but I can’t figure out how to do it. A collage did not work as you can see; it either ripped, didn’t even fit together or just dropped to bits when dry. Back to the drawing board!